Belize is an active member of many important international organizations, just some of which are the United Nations (UN), World Trade Organization (WTO), World Bank and Caribbean Community (CARICOM).
Belize has the following missions abroad:
- Permanent Mission of Belize to the United Nations - New York, U.S.A;
- Permanent Mission of Belize to the United Nations - Geneva, Switzerland;
- Permanent Mission of Belize to UNESCO - Paris, France.
- Belize High Commission in London- multiple accreditation to France, Germany, the Vatican.
United States of America:
- Embassy of Belize to the United States of America - with dual accreditation to Canada;
- Consul General of Belize in California.
- Consul General of Belize in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Embassy of Belize in Mexico - multiple accreditation to Venezuela, Jamaica and Cuba.
- Embassy of Belize in Belgium - also accredited to European Communites.
- Embassy of Belize in Guatemala - multiple accreditation to Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama.
There are 11 foreign Embassies represented in Belize:
- United Kingdom,
- United States of America,
- Republic of China,
- Costa Rica,
- El Salvador,
Several International Organizations are also represented in Belize. They are as follows:
- CARDI (Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute),
- CFRAMP (CARICOM Fisheries Resources Assessment and Management Programme),
- EU (European Union),
- FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization),
- IDB (Inter-American Development Bank),
- IICA (Inter-American Institute for Co-operation on Agriculture),
- OAS (Organization of American States),
- PAHO/WHO (Pan American Health Organization/ World Health Organization),
- UNDP (United Nations Development Programme),
- UNICEF (United Nations Children´s Fund).